- About Us
- Contact Us
Junior Software Engineer
- Software background
- Basic LabVIEW knowledge a bonus
- To work within the multidisciplinary product development team.
- Develop code for use internally in development, on the production line, embedded into products and for use on customers PC's to support Cobalt's products.
- To write test procedures, carry out testing and document test results.
- To log and fix software bugs.
- To assist in debugging of development, production line and product test equipment and products in both hardware and software.
- To write software manuals and conduct training of co-workers and customers.
- Research new and optimal techniques for implementing software solutions.
We have two LabVIEW programers and one Matlab programmer. Between us we develop all the software in the company and use LabVIEW from start to finish.
That means that we run it in the:
- LAB to test new bits of kit that we are interested in using and need to evaluate and run adhoc testing as and when customers need it or we have an idea how to improve things
- ANALYSIS of large scale datasets (integrating with Matlab dll's)
- FINAL PRODUCT all of our three main products ship with embedded PC's which run LabVIEW so we develop the instrument control code behind as well as the nice looking front panel GUI's
- TESTING of products or components as we assemble them on the production line
We are looking for someone to work in one or all of the area's above. Things are very exciting at the moment in Cobalt as we invent new products and optimise existing ones at the same time as automating production line testing. The job is therefor what you make of it, there is more than enough work and we need someone who can get stuck in.
All that talk of LabVIEW and Matlab doesn't mean that this is fixed for the future. We would like to start developing embedded systems that have all of the hardware we use integrated and designed by ourselves rather than bought in. So there is an opportunity for people to take that forward, but in the short term we need someone with a background in software who can learn LabVIEW skills on the job.
Any further enquiries or CVs regarding this position should be directed to email@example.com