Prior to Agilent's acquisition of Cobalt Light Systems in July 2017, Cobalt had received numerous awards for product development, innovation and business success
Awards and Accolades
- 2016 R&D 100 Awards finalist for "Resolve - Handheld Through-Barrier Hazardous Materials, Explosives, and Narcotics Identification." Read the full story
- 2015 Queen’s Award for Enterprise - UK’s highest accolade for business success--in the category of international trade. The judging panel recognized the company’s outstanding performance in international sales—with 17-fold overseas earnings growth from 2011 to 2014. Read the full story
- 2015 Oxfordshire Business Innovation Award, sponsored by Oxford Brookes University. Read the full story
- 2015 European Union Horizon 2020 Grant for Development of Online Pharmaceutical Analysis by Transmission Raman Spectroscopy. Read the full story
- 2014 Royal Academy of Engineering MacRobert Award for Engineering Innovation- The UK’s most prestigious prize for innovation in engineering, the award paid tribute to the Insight100 product, which identifies explosive threat materials inside containers in seconds without opening them. Read the full story
- 2012 British IP Commercialization Award for Insight100 software. Read the full story
- 2008 Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET) Innovation Award, sponsored by the National Physical Laboratory.
Sunday Times Fast Track Awards
In the May 2015 Sunday Times, BT Business SME Export Track 100, Cobalt topped the list of Britain’s private small and midsized enterprises with the fastest-growing international sales over the last two years.
In the September 2014 Sunday Times Hiscox Tech Track 100, Cobalt ranked among Britain’s top 10 fastest-growing private technology, media, and telecom companies. At the awards ceremony, Cobalt was also presented with the Tech Track 100 high-tech manufacturing award.