We are always interested to hear from talented, dynamic individuals who have something to contribute to our rapidly growing organisation.
Support Engineer, N. America
A unique opportunity has opened in one of the UK’s fastest growing technology SMEs. Cobalt Light Systems was the recipient of the Royal Academy of Engineering’s MacRobert Award and a Queens Award for Enterprise in 2015 and this is your chance to be a part of our on-going success. Due to the success of our innovative spectroscopic analytical products with applications in the pharmaceutical industry, academia and security markets, Cobalt has a need to increase resource through the recruitment of a Support Engineer to help the needs of our growing installed base and distribution network.
Salary: competitive, including medical plan and 401k Location: field-based, working from home with good transport links would be advantageous, some time required in Reston, VA
A skilled support engineer or technician is required for service and support of laser-based measurement instruments. Reporting to the Vice President of Service & Support, you will be challenged to become an expert on the instrumentation and acquire detailed knowledge of both the hardware and software. Candidates must have significant practical & problem solving ability, good communication skills and be prepared to travel outside the US. The successful applicant will liaise with, and draw on, the Cobalt team to service, install, maintain, fault-find and repair systems in the field. The support aspect of the role includes providing technical responses to customers’ requests for help, demonstration of product specifications and operations of equipment, plus distributors’ training in support of products on a technical level. Writing training material, Quality documentation, visit reports, and database input will be required all within a quality system framework. Full training will be provided in the UK.
Further Detailed Duties:
- Training on Cobalt’s systems through hands-on system build
- Scheduling own time in conjunction with customer needs for scheduled and responsive on-site activities
- Improving existing and establishing new training documentation for use with both customers and distributors; providing training as required on customer and distributor sites
- Operating within a quality system framework and updating and creating quality documents where necessary
- Communicating any product requirements and deficiencies to the relevant Cobalt teams
- Adherence to relevant standards and directives, as required for the product qualification
- Electrical and electronic, build, test and debug of custom and standard systems
- Familiarity with computer systems and software installation is an advantage
- Travel will be across North America and potentially further afield supporting both customers and distributors, this will include peak periods up to 75%, 30-40% overall, up to a maximum of two weeks at a time
- Proven experience of practical scientific instrumentation and problem solving
- Good communication skills with excellent written and oral English
- Must have a US driving licence, no known travel restrictions outside of the USA and no known restrictions to security clearance access
- Experience of working in or working with a regulated industry, specifically, pharmaceutical QC
- Experience of equipment commissioning or Computer System Validation within a regulated industry
For further enquiries regarding this position, contact email@example.com