We are always interested to hear from talented, dynamic individuals who have something to contribute to our rapidly growing organisation.
For further enquiries regarding any of the positions below, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Location: Milton Park, Abingdon, UK
Posted: 9th November 2016
- Laser optics and optical spectroscopy
- Experience in optical product development
- Planning and executing experimental work
The role is primarily tasked with performing optical experiments and optical modelling to determine optimal design parameters and component specifications in new product developments. Typically this requires achieving a complete characterisation of system optical performance and gaining knowledge of the influences on final product performance. Contributing towards both new product developments and supporting existing products currently in production, the role reports to Vice President - Product Development and is part of a multidisciplinary team encompassing all aspects of instrumentation hardware and software design.
- BEng or BSc level qualifications in physics or optical engineering
- 3 years’ experience in commercial workplace involving optical design.
- Design, prototyping and testing of optical systems
- Ability to conduct systematic, comprehensive experiments against a predicted outcome
- Specification of mechanical design requirements for optical assemblies
- Methodical approach to problem solving both in hardware and computation
- Create process instruction documents to codify design output
Tools and Qualifications:
- User of ZEMAX or similar optical modelling software.
- Matlab\ R Project or similar mathematical software
- LabVIEW or test programming software experience for hardware control
- Working across the product team including production engineers, software and hardware engineers in the development team, support engineers and applications scientists
- Write and release product transfer documents, i.e., work instructions
- Support applications teams through use of product knowledge
- Engage with support engineers to diagnose system faults
- Work within the bounds of the Cobalt ISO9001 quality management system